Unfortunately, after the attacks in New York City on September 11, 2001, we have all become more aware of terrorism in the United States. In the wake of September 11, 2001, it is necessary to have an emergency action plan for terrorism. Listed below are necessary precautions.
- DO NOT open suspicious mail packages and other suspicious materials. Once the mail has been identified as suspicious, isolate the item by immediately laying it on the nearest flat surface and move away.
- Immediately Call 911 and tell them what you have found. Then call the Management Office at (504) 493-6760.
- Personnel in the immediate area should be moved to an adjacent room and remain there until given further instructions by emergency responders.
- Individuals who came in direct contract with the item should immediately wash their hands with soap and water.
- If you become aware of a powdery substance in an unusual place or suspicious situation, do not touch, and call Building Management and we will determine if the proper authorities should be notified.
- In the event you notice a suspicious vehicle parked around the perimeter of the building with the engine running without a driver, please advise Building Management.