- If the suspect(s) pose a danger to you, any member in your staff or visitors, call 911.
- Notify Building Management at (504) 493-6760
If shooting has erupted in another area of the building and/or you hear shots fired, resist the temptation to investigate the cause.
- Immediately call 911, and if time permits, call Building Management at (504) 493-6760
- Lock or barricade the doors to your area and STAY DOWN
- If you cannot secure your area, locate an area in which you can do so. If possible, quickly move in the opposite direction where you are hearing the shooting.
- If you are near a direct exit, consider leaving the building and moving away to a safe location.
- If possible, take a cell phone with you.
- DO NOT appear as a threat to the police. They have been trained to ignore the frightened and wounded and focus their attention on engaging and stopping the shooter.
- Stay in your secured area until an “ALL CLEAR” is given over the PA system.